Carri (left) and me

Carri (left) and me

Thursday, February 9, 2012

To keep or not to keep ....

A few months ago my mom was going through some of my grandma's things after she passed away and knowing that I had been just getting into making crafts she wondered if I wanted her collection of antique buttons. I said "sure"!!! So I got to bring home this antique can full to the brim of all kinds of old buttons. It's so cool, I'm completely in love with them. I also have another small box of buttons that are still attached to the cardstock from the store she had bought them from (and some still even have the receipts attached). Yes, my grandma kept E V E R Y T H I N G! I remember there being stacks of magazines that lined her hallways.
So from my new found love of antique buttons I decided that there are tons of cool things that I can do with these. I'm pretty certain though my grandma might not be so pleased if she knew what I was doing with her buttons. Oh well, they're mine now :) I got the idea to make button rings and so I went to the store and bought a few plain rings and whipped out some hefty glue and my buttons and viola here is my ring I created yesterday that I just may have to keep for myself! My photos aren't very good so it doesn't quite do it justice. It definitely looks better in person.
Luckily I have 2 more identical buttons to make this exact ring again. I think I'm going to keep it and make another to sell :)

1 comment: