Carri (left) and me

Carri (left) and me

Monday, April 30, 2012

Results from the JBF Sale

The results are in and I would say it was a SUCCESS!!!  A little over 50% of my items sold at the sale and I will be getting a check for the Barefoot and Pregnant Fund for a total of $484.89! :)  Off the bat they took $10 out for a consignor fee and then took 35% of all items sold. I know I could have sold things on Craigslist and made a bit more but time is of the essence for me.  As you can see my car was packed to the max (love my Sequoia!).

FYI Mom - I did not sell the wagon it was just my mode of transportation while at the sale :)

I picked up my stuff last night that didn't sale and 95% of it was clothes.  I had a ginormous (is that a word?) box of clothes to begin with and 1/3 of it didn't sale probably because the clothes were for cooler weather and I needed to price things a little differently.  But for my first time doing the sale I think it was totally worth it!  They are having a fall sale in September and I will definitely be doing it again. September 13th is their next sale and they will be taking Fall/Winter related baby, kid, and maternity items so if anyone has things (or will have by the end of the summer) they no longer use and don't want to go through the hassle of selling it yourself please consider donating it to the Barefoot Fund and I will gladly do all the work to get it sold.

I found that the majority of the things that sold actually sold on the pre-sale day that is only open to consignors and volunteers.  They have an online section for consignors that shows you what has sold by the end of the night on each sale day and I could hardly wait to see my numbers each night :)  On the pre-sale day I made $224 and then the first day of the sale open to the public I made $120. Those were my best days and things that sold like hotcakes were: toys, books, bouncers, strollers, large baby equipment, nursing supplies (covers, Boppy's, breast pumps), bedding, receiving blankets, diaper bags, bath items and kids clothes 2T and up (infant clothing didn't sell too well).

All of this was just from me and one other person. Imagine just imagine what might be hiding in your closets or garages :)

Forgot to thank some people here - A big thank you to Lindsay for donating your goods and the idea to do it, thanks to my husband for scoring all the free hangers for me, and thank you Bethany & Josh for watching my kids while I dropped everything off!! I love you all :)



Here's my sweet helper (not really, she just got into everything) while I was tagging my items and no there was nothing in that pop can!!



No comments:

Post a Comment